Scythes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Scythes

This is the Scythes Alliance forum!

Latest topics

» evony problems
Salesmen make my blood boil. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm by Jasmine103

» Want to join your alliance,
Salesmen make my blood boil. EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm by Jasmine103

Navigation

Affiliates

5 posters

Salesmen make my blood boil.

Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Salesmen make my blood boil. Empty Salesmen make my blood boil.

Post  Papachabre Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 pm

I can't stand salesmen. They follow you around like vultures, waiting for you to show any sign of weakness so they can swoop in and describe how amazing some car/computer/dishwasher/etc is. I went to a furniture store last week and there was a salesman who greeted me at the door, asked me if he could help me to which I replied with a stern "no," and while I was looking at various coffee tables I would see him at the end of the aisle looking at me. When I walked to another aisle there he was again like I was going to wait until he turned around and grab another salesman so they could steal his commission or something. It made me so uncomfortable that I left the store without making a purchase.

Is it just me or is the day of the salesman over? Does anyone like to be bothered by them? I mean I know that it helps to have someone explain a product to you sometimes but with the internet on our freaking phones now can't we just look up the details of a product before we buy it?
    tystylcaryn
    tystylcaryn
    Shiv
    Shiv

Salesmen make my blood boil. Empty hate them?

Post  tystylcaryn Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 am

Absolutely. I run a lumber yard, kind of like a small Lowes. I get hounded by a different type of salesman-one that wants me to buy lumber from his distributing company. In any small business, our main purchasing motivator is cost. This guy cannot even produce a price list, but he calls, every day, to see if I need anything. It really gets annoying. I'm sure if he can't tell me what it costs, I don't want to know.
    Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Salesmen make my blood boil. Empty Re: Salesmen make my blood boil.

Post  Papachabre Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 am

That might be considered harassment. If I were you I'd tell him to stop calling your you're going to file charges.
    Donnchadh
    Shiv
    Shiv

Post  Donnchadh Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

I can agree with the not liking phone calls everyday that would not be cool, and he probably isnt the greatest salesman, but at the same time you even try and file harrasment against the guy you most likely wont get anybody selling you anything. cause i wouldnt. Different note, there are sales people that go the total wrong way. I was in a store, and this couple were looking for a computer. they told the guy that they were happy with the brand they had before they just wanted a newer computer, this guy could have sold them a 2k computer just like that, but instead he pointed to one, said take a look at this one and walked away. followed by the couple walking out of the store....
    Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Papachabre Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 pm

That guy has half of what I think I salesman should have - the lack of the urge to dash up to you as soon as you walk in and hound you until you buy something. All he needs now is to be able to actually explain a product to an interested customer.
    Jasmine103
    Jasmine103
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Jasmine103 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Well to come to his defense he was trying to make you feel appreciated?
    bleeding4u
    bleeding4u
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  bleeding4u Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 am

i dislike phone soliciters......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:25 pm