Scythes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Scythes

This is the Scythes Alliance forum!

Latest topics

» evony problems
OMFG Zombies! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm by Jasmine103

» Want to join your alliance,
OMFG Zombies! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm by Jasmine103

Navigation

Affiliates

+2
Valon
Papachabre
6 posters

OMFG Zombies!

Poll

Zombies?

[ 2 ]
    OMFG Zombies! Bar_left33%OMFG Zombies! Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    OMFG Zombies! Bar_left17%OMFG Zombies! Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    OMFG Zombies! Bar_left50%OMFG Zombies! Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

OMFG Zombies! Empty OMFG Zombies!

Post  Papachabre Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 am

Zombie fans, speak up! Tell me your favorite zombie movies, games and books. What is it that you like best (or hate worst) about zombies? What would you do in a zombie infestation scenario?

I'll go first:

My fav zombie book so far is World War Z (but I've only read two). It's an excellent book that I would recommend to anyone who even remotely likes zombies. I've been heavily in to reading lately and I'd really like to hear if anyone knows of a good zombie book.

Fav zombie movie has got to be Dawn of the Dead. Resident Evil sucked *sigh*. 28 Days Later was good but I don't consider those infected creatures to be zombies.

Fav zombie game is Dead Rising - gotta love being able to place traffic cones on the heads of the undead - but my favorite zombie game series is definitely Resident Evil. I've played just about every RE game and loved each (including Code Veronica which my friends hated for some reason) except RE5. I'll pick that up when I can convince a friend to buy it also.
    Valon
    Valon
    Dagger
    Dagger

OMFG Zombies! Empty Re: OMFG Zombies!

Post  Valon Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Favorite Book: I Ate it.
    Favorite Movie: Shaun of the Dead.(xD) & Dawn of the Dead.
    Favorite Game: DOOM (If you count that as one) & Left 4 Dead.

And if the Zombie Infestation happen right now, I'll run away holding a knife because everyone runs faster with a knife.

or run forward the Zombies with a Chainsaw, because that's the ultimate zombie killer.

But in a serious note, let's barricade Walmart or the Mall (that has weapon arms).
    bleeding4u
    bleeding4u
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  bleeding4u Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Movie: Shaun of the dead,
    game: left 4 Dead, Dead Rising
    book: Zombie survival guide.

if there was an infestation i would get all my friends and make my house a zombie-proof fort. and valon, i'm sorry, but the chainsaw is not the ultimate zombiekiller. it is, in fact, one of the worst weapons you could carry.
    Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Papachabre Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:49 am

bleeding4u wrote:if there was an infestation i would get all my friends and make my house a zombie-proof fort. and valon, i'm sorry, but the chainsaw is not the ultimate zombiekiller. it is, in fact, one of the worst weapons you could carry.

Spoken like a man who's read The Zombie Survival Guide. Keep the hair short, the clothes tight and use a silent weapon. Loud weapons (such as un-silenced guns or the chainsaw) lure other zombies to your position. But this is, of course, if you're living in the Max Brooks universe. I don't remember if Romeroian zombies can hear...

And dude, if you liked The Zombie Survival Guide please read World War Z if you haven't yet. It's by the same author and it's a great book.
    Bradamante
    Shiv
    Shiv

Post  Bradamante Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 am

What's wrong with flamethrowers? They work against Inferi (zombie equivalents from the Harry Potter universe).

Me, I don't do horror as a rule, and zombies don't interest me.

Brad
    Jasmine103
    Jasmine103
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Jasmine103 Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

me i am gonna go underground and have enoug food there to last me years and i am gonna make sure that i bring my showerhead and my sword
    InfernoXIII
    InfernoXIII

Post  InfernoXIII Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Movie: Dawn of the dead
    Game: Left 4 Dead
    Book: None

If i was stuck in this situation i would proof my whole house, and then reinforce my bedroom(sound proof, cover everything in metal) then put a whole bunch of locks on my door. I choose my room cuz i have 5 guns, couple of bats, bb guns, ammo for guns, bb pellets.

If i had to choose i would prefer to live in a world of vampires then zombies, becuz then i would be able to leave my house for supplies during the day. My favorite book of vampires is I Am Legend. Not the movie cuz the movie sucked compared to the book. I wish they didnt make that movie, it was so gay. If you liked I am legend with will smith, then read the book. It will change your mind, and will make you think the movie was horrible. The book is only 180 pages or so, but i finished it in 4 hours(with breaks in between), it was that good.
    Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Papachabre Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:58 am

I was thinking of reading I Am Legend. I did like the movie but I've read that the ending is totally different than the book. Unfortunately the site I read that on also spoiled the ending of the book for me, so I've been kind of reluctant to read it. But if it's as good as you say I think I'll head to the library this week and pick it up.

Oh, by the way, be careful with those guns. Zombies are attracted to sound. Guns should only be used as a last resort or if you are on the move.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:26 pm