Scythes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Scythes

This is the Scythes Alliance forum!

Latest topics

» evony problems
Taking cities and defending against being taken EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm by Jasmine103

» Want to join your alliance,
Taking cities and defending against being taken EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm by Jasmine103

Navigation

Affiliates

5 posters

Taking cities and defending against being taken

Papachabre
    Papachabre
    Administrator
    Administrator

Taking cities and defending against being taken Empty Taking cities and defending against being taken

Post  Papachabre Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:24 pm

All of this info can be found in the guides located in the sticky but I want to make sure you guys see this.

First of all you can only take a city if it isn't the owner's only one. The best way to take it is to destroy its defenses and then send tons of attacks with only scouts to reduce its loyalty to 0. This is called 'scout spamming'. It is important to destroy all abatises before sending the scouts because they can take out small groups of attackers. As you may know abatises are taken out by cavalry.

That said, the best defense you can have for making sure nobody uses this strategy on you is to have many abatises. Other defenses are important as well but if you have tons of abatises then it is harder for an attacker to scout spam you.
    Axxen
    Axxen
    Shiv
    Shiv

Taking cities and defending against being taken Empty Re: Taking cities and defending against being taken

Post  Axxen Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Other additions that will help in defense are as follows:
    Traps~Kills off infantry but are used up (useful but dont focus on them)

Abatis~Kills off horseman and prevents scout spamming, theyre also used up (build these in moderation)

Archer Towers~Kills all types of attackers, and are not used up when they kill (for the most part focus on building them) Note:Archer towers are only truly effective with lvl 6+ walls due to the enhanced range they provide them.

Rolling Logs~Kills all but are used up (personally I'd focus less on them as they cost alot for little advantage)

Defensive Trebuchet~Kills all types, but are most effective against siege weapons, they are used up (Important if your defending against ballistas and other siege weapons, but they can be used up againt lowly infantry if your opponant is smart) Build these in moderation.

Technologies useful in defending:
    Archery~Increases overall range of your units
    Engineering~Increases defense of your fortifications (aka Archer Towers)
    Machinery~Increases repairable rate of your fortifications

Hopefully these tips will help you better defend your city.
    bleeding4u
    bleeding4u
    Administrator
    Administrator

Taking cities and defending against being taken Empty Re: Taking cities and defending against being taken

Post  bleeding4u Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks Very Happy
    Rahlain
    Shiv
    Shiv

Post  Rahlain Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Once again, I know I'm not part of scythes, but I do have quite a lot of information I've gained through testing and other things.

Since scouts no longer die vs. Abatis, and the person shouldn't be able to gather your information unless they've destroyed at least 10% of your troops, that leaves this:

Tops 100 traps and Abatises.

Why?

The heavier attacking players nowadays have learned about using Layering. Traps, Abatis, etc, Have 5000 Range, Further than anything else.

What's that got to do with the 100 traps and Abatises?

As the troops come onto the 5000 range, They will begin to lose their layers, and inevitably increase their losses, Since they no longer have the layers. Cavalry, Cataphracts, and Scouts will die off almost instantaneously, so your forces/towers only have to work through 3 less layers to get to whatever the main force is. But, this isn't exactly how this works. I can go into detail on this some other time, but this is the basic effect.

Why not use defensive trebuchets?

If your walls and archery level is high enough, as well as Engineering, They will have a pretty tough time breaking your towers anyway. Likewise, Defensive trebs are not reuseable, and take up more space than your towers do. Since a tower can throw out damage more than once per round; Take this into consideration:

50,000 units That can die by either tower or treb.

We will assume we're on Level 10 walls, Level 10 Archery for the sake of the discussion. (2600 Tower range; Further than catapults)

50,000 Units vs an extreme # of treb, 10,000

Just guessing, but due to the amount of units, there probably wont be many losses at all.

50,000 Units vs. 10,000 Towers -

The 50,000 Units will die, and probably not even get in range of attacking the towers.

You might ask how I figure this. If you know, great, If not, here's how I figure.

We'll go by a warrior's speed, 200. 200 per round, vs. 2600 range, they would have to last 13 Rounds, and they wont. But this is assuming Compass lv0. Level 10, They would have to last through 6 rounds minimum just to come within range.

If you're using trebuchets, They will simply zerg their way through it, and less will die trying to get to your walls.

Why not use a couple trebs too?

You can, There's just no /real/ reason to, since it's a 1-time use, and it's not an instant-kill sort of thing, depending on the target. Ballistae/Catapults would go down pretty fast vs. your towers anyway, assuming you have Lv10 archery and whatnot.

On the other hand, No real way you look at it, if someone sends enough Rams or Cataphracts your way, you're pretty effed anyhow. Those two are harder to defend against in masses than any other unit. 1 Archer, 1 Cavalry, 124,998 Cataphracts can wipe out 1.3 MILLION archers. Likewise, If you have a bunch of trebs, They will do virtually nothing vs. Rams, as each Ram has a base 5000 HP, (Hopefully Im wrong this-->>>) and lv10 Medicine increases it to 7500. You would need 10 trebs per ram if that were the case. I hope I'm wrong on this part Very Happy

--Just my 2 cents Very Happy I get bored easily, so I try to figure out the game's mechanics, via wiki pages, and testing.
    Jasmine103
    Jasmine103
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Jasmine103 Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:26 pm

you guys are good i am glad you are on my side ;p

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content